About Breckenridge Ski Resort
With five huge peaks spanning 2,901 acres, 4 terrain parks, 3 half pipes, a true historic mining town, and awe-inspiring views Breckenridge skiing has something for all abilities and interests.
Every beginner and intermediate trail is groomed nightly so you can enjoy endless turns throughout your day. Or ride North America's highest chairlift, the Imperial Express, up to the high alpine. If you're looking for terrain parks, Breckenridge has five - one for every skill level.
Breckenridge displays the charm of an authentic Victorian village with quaint shops, fine dining restaurants, and bustling breweries, and is the most visited ski resort in North America for a reason. Breckenridge truly is "The Perfect Mountain, Perfect Mountain Town.Search Vacation Rentals NearbyLocation: Breckenridge, CO
Location: 1599 Ski Hill Rd. Breckenridge, CO 80424
Breckenridge Resort FAQs
Purchase your Epic lift tickets a minimum of 7 days in advance and skip the ticket line. Purchase online and your ticket will be mailed to you. Tickets are available onsite as well.
Multi-day tickets are the best value, and you can exchange a day pass to ski at Keystone, Beaver Creek, or Vail Resorts.
There are 34 total lifts at Breck. Each of the 5 Peaks is lift accessed from the base area with a high-speed lift. Once on mountain, there are additional lifts servicing the terrain.
- Peak 8 - Rocky Mountain Super Chair, 5-Chair, Rips Ride, Colorado Super Chair, Peak 8 Super Chair , Snowflake Lift
- Peak 7 - Independence Super Chair
- Peak 9 - Quicksilver Super Chair and the Beaver Run Super Chair
- Peak 10 - Falcon Super Chair
Friends don't teach friends how to ski, leave it to the professionals at Breckenridge Ski School. With a variety of lessons available there is a lesson for every age and ability.
For the little ones, the Breck Bombers program will gauge your child's ability level and place them in a group with children of the same skill level.
Adult programs are also available for first-timers or for those looking to improve and fine-tune their skills.
Visit Breckenridge Ski School website for more information.
Slope Side Pick Up Locations
The two premium Breckenridge rental locations are at the base areas of Peak 7: Breckenridge Sports Peak 7 and at Peak 9: Breckenridge Sports Maggie.
Ski and ride in style. Have Ski Butlers or Christy Sports Delivery come to your condo and fit you and your group.
- Carver’s Ski & Bike Rentals - 203 N Main St, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-0132
- Mountain Wave - 600 South Park Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-8305
- Christy Sports Ski & Snowboard Rental - 213 N Main St | (970) 453-1451
- Breeze - 645 South Park Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-8996
- Ski Butlers - 1806 Airport Rd Unit D, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 624-0020
- Avalanche Sports - 315 North Main, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | 970.453.4019
For Breckenridge visitors who are driving from Denver or another Summit County location, there is FREE and paid parking available. If you are staying in Breckenridge, the best thing to do is park your car and leave it. The beautiful historic Main St. is very walkable and there is fantastic public transportation.
- Peak 7 & 8 Parking -Gondola Lots South and North & the Gold Rush Lot are the closest lots to park for skiing. Access the base areas of Peak 7 and 8 from the Breck Connect Gondola. Purchase parking using the kiosks onsite or reserve in advance.
- Peak 9 Parking -- Beaver Run Lot - Purchase parking using the kiosks onsite or reserve in advance. Access Peak 9 from the Beaver Run Super Chair.
- FREE Parking Offsite -The Airport Rd. Lot has free parking just outside of town. The free ski shuttle picks up every 10 - 15 minutes and will bring you to the Breck Connect Gondola for quick access to Peak 7 and 8. The shuttle ride and the Breck Connect Gondola take a few minutes each. You will be at the base area in about 10 minutes.
Discover the variety of transportation options available for you to get to and around Breckenridge from public transportation to ride-sharing services.
- Public Transportation In Breckenridge - The Breckenridge Free Ride will take you anywhere you want to go in Breckenridge. There will likely be a pickup location outside your condo, or within a short walk away.
- Public Transportation To Breckenridge -The Summit Stage public bus system services each of the main resorts in the area. The Breckenridge Transfer Center has pick up and drop off for the Summit Stage, Breckenridge Free Ride, and the Breck Connect Gondola. We highly recommend using our easy public transportation system when you can. Save some gas money, reduce traffic, reduce parking congestion, and help keep our town green.
Things to Do at Breckenridge Resort
At Breckenridge Resort you will find year round activities and family fun. Winter is of course our favorite season to enjoy skiing, snow sculptures, and hot coacoa. Though, as you will hear from almost any local, you come for the winter, but you stay for the summer. Summer in Breckenridge offers a festival or event almost every weekend, and beautiful hikes with mountain vistas and remnants of mining history.
Breckenridge Winter Activities
Skiing at Breckenridge Resort offers 5 peaks for you to explore. Each peak offers varied terrain from beginner to advanced hike to slopes. Not to mention terrain parks and much more! Come shred the best in Colorado at Breck!
Rent a pair of ice skates at the large indoor rink and take a twirl in the middle of the village. A fun activity for the entire family, ice skating in Breckenridge brings out the kid in everyone. Paired with a cup of cocoa and you can't go wrong!
Breckenridge Nordic Center offers miles of trails for cross country skiing and snowshoeing alike. Rentals and lessons are available along with trail maps and endless unforgettable views! Get your cardio workout in while you explore Summit County.
Take a horse drawn sleigh ride in the Rocky Mountains and enjoy the landscape in style and comfort. Led by an expert team, enjoy the magic of the great outdoors in a unique way on your next trip to Colorado.
Dog sledding in Breckenridge Colorado is an interactive experience where you will get to take turns driving a sled led by 6 Siberian Huskies! Take in the views of the back country while commanding the team through snowy terrain for unforgettable moments.
Breckenridge Summer Activities
Embrace your sense of adventure at Epic Discovery! Zip lines, ropes courses, rock climbing, tubing, are just a few of the things to do in the summer on the mountain. Adults, teens, and little ones are all welcome as there are activities for everyone to enjoy.
Breckenridge Resorts offers a variety of mountain biking terrain from beginner to expert with the option for bike haul. Equipment rentals and lessons are also available and are a great idea for your first on mountain mountain biking experience!
Breckenridge Golf Club is about 3 miles from downtown Breckenridge and features a Jack Niklaus signature 27 hole course. The perfect challenge in this breathtaking environment! Golf at one of the highest courses in the Rocky Mountains on your next trip to Colorado.
Horseback riding in Breckenridge is a thrilling on mountain trail ride. You will ascend into the trees, and if you look around you will notice you are riding in the same area used for skiing in the winter. The forest opens up to amazing mountain vistas before you descend to return to the stable.
Breckenridge On Mountain Dining
- Pioneer Crossing - Located on Peak 7, atop the Independence Super Chair and Rocky Mountain Super Chair enjoy authentic western fare during the winter months. Open for breakfast and lunch 9:00 AM 3:00 PM
- Sevens - Nestled at the base of Peak 7, Sevens is the only full service restaurant on the mountain. Come in from a day of skiing and enjoy the laid back atmosphere and old world inspired cuisine. Open 8:30AM - 8:00PM
- The Coop: Seven's Express Window - Hop off the Breck Connect Gondola and grab your favorite chicken snack on the go!
- Ski Hill Grill - Watch the action at the base of Peak 8 from the patio with a Breckenridge Brewery draft and some BBQ. Inside enjoy the fast casual fare including burgers and sandwiches with house smoked meats.
- TBar - Located at the base of Peak 8 and the Rocky Mountain Super Chair, TBar serves a selection of microbrews and shareable apps. Open summer and winter.
- The Living Room - Serving casual fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open summer and winter. Located at the base of Peak 8.
- Vista Haus - Located atop the Colorado Chair, the Vista Haus is open summer and winter. Indoor and outdoor seating is available.
- Ten Mile Station - Located atop the QuickSilver Super Chair, this restaurant serves ups hearty meals to keep you warm inspired by Colorado mining heritage. There is also outdoor seating available to enjoy those blue bird days.
- The Overlook -At 11,274 feet, The Overlook is the highest restaurant in Breckenridge and boasts amazing views of the resort. Fresh soups, ramen, and pot pies will warm you up before you head back to the ski slopes.
- The Maggie -Located at the base of Peak 9, The Maggie serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and apres ski with live music. Open year round.
- 9600 Kitchen - Fresh ingredients are the focus for the elevated comfort dishes served at the Base of Peak 9. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and apres ski.
Breckenridge Events & Festivals
The Best Time to Visit Breckenridge Resort
The best time to visit Breckenridge is NOW! Seriously, no matter what time of year it is its always a great time to visit Breck. Each season has its draw and thought summer and winter are the favorites for many, we think it's because they just haven't given spring and fall a chance.
Loved by locals and known regionally as the mud season spring is less crowded, prices are cheaper and the weather is moderate. Similarly, fall is slow and sleepy as well a great pre-winter season trip will not disappoint!