About Keystone Ski Resort
Keystone offers the largest amount of terrain in Summit County, Colorado. It is also home to the longest ski day in Colorado, operating from 8:30am-8pm. They also have the top-ranked terrain park, A51, in the state and one of the best in the country. Be sure to visit Kidtopia with activities daily. A festival designed just for kids. Explore the ultimate Snow Fort, dance to live music, arts & crafts, tubing, and free cookies at Dercum Square Ice Rink.
Experience Keystone`s new eight-passenger gondola, located in River Run Village. Explore the gladed terrain in The Outback. Drop in for lunch and a rest on the Adirondack chairs at LaBonte`s BBQ or try the Stube`s world-famous lunch. Find everything you need to ski Keystone- from trails to bowls, lifts and restaurants; and explore them all with 360 tours, photos and videos on our trail map.
We`re excited to provide Colorado`s longest ski day. You can ski, ride, or session at A51 Terrain Park long after all the other mountains close. Watch the sunset over the beautiful Rocky Mountains while getting in a few more runs.
Search Vacation Rentals NearbyLocation: Breckenridge, CO
Location: Keystone, Colorado
Keystone Resort FAQs
Purchase your Epic lift tickets a minimum of 7 days in advance and skip the ticket line. Purchase online and your ticket will be mailed to you. Tickets are available at each base area as well (River Run Village and Mountain House Base Area).
Multi-day tickets are the best value, and you can exchange a day pass to ski at Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, or Vail Resorts.
There are 20 total lifts at Keystone. The ski area is centered around 3 peaks that are stacked behind eachother. Dercum is the front face of the Resort accessed from River Run Village or The Mountain House Base Area. North Peak and The Outback are situated behind Dercum Mountain and offer intermediate and expert skiing terrain.
- Dercum Mountain - River Run Village - River Run Gondola, Summit Express Chair. Mountain House - Peru Express, Argentine, and Discovery. Mid-mountain - Montezuma Express, A51 Chair
- North Peak - Outpost Gondola, Ruby Express, Santiago Express, Wayback, and Ranger.
- The Outback - Outback Express
- The Bowls - Hike to terrain
Slope Side Pick Up Locations
Keystone Sports - River Run or Mountain House Base Areas
Breeze Sports River Run Base Area
Christy Sports River Run Base Area
Ski and ride in style. Have Ski Butlers or Christy Sports Delivery come to your condo and fit you and your group.
Mountain View Sports
For Keystone visitors who are driving from Denver or another Summit County location, there is FREE and paid parking available. If you are staying in Keystone, the best thing to do is park your car and leave it. The free Keystone Shuttle runs every 15 minutes and will take you about the resort. The Summit Stage public will take you to Arapahoe Basin or other ski areas.
- River Run Village -
- Mountain House Base Area -
- Keystone Lodge -
Discover the variety of transportation options available for you to get to and around Keystone from public transportation to ride-sharing services.
- Public Transportation In Keystone - Keystone Shuttle
- Public Transportation To Breckenridge -The Summit Stage public bus system services each of the main resorts in the area.
Things to Do at Keystone Resort
At Keystone Resort you will find year round activities and family fun. Families can enjoy regular free Kidtopia activities each week with crafts and interactive educational classes. Keystone Resorts boasts the largest zambonied lake and snow fort playgournd in North America so be sure to bring your gloves and warm clothes to enjoy these outdoor activites. In the summer months there is a themed festival every two weeks with live music, food, and vendors.
Keystone Winter Activities
Skiing at Keystone Resort offers 3 peaks for you to explore. Each peak offers varied terrain from beginner to advanced hike to slopes. Not to mention a graduated terrain park with beginner to expert features! Keystone is also the only resort to offer night skiing in the area.
Keystone boasts the largest zambonied lake in North America at the Lakeside Village wtih 5 acres of skating! The Dercum Square Ice Rink is located in River Run Village, the smaller size is well suited for younger children. Ice skating at either keystone location is sure to be a fun day had by all.
Keystone Nordic Center offers 9 miles of trails for cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Rentals and lessons are available along with trail maps and endless unforgettable views! Get your cardio workout in while you explore Summit County.
Take a horse drawn sleigh ride in the Rocky Mountains and enjoy the landscape in style and comfort. Led by an expert team, enjoy the magic of the great outdoors in a unique way on your next trip to Colorado.
Keystone Kidtopia is all about family friendly fun! Each day there is a free activity for you to enjoy. Crafernoon, stargazing, cookie hour, Ripperoo's parade, and don't forget the fireworks on Saturday night.
Keystone Summer Activities
Embrace your sense of adventure at Epic Discovery! Zip lines, ropes courses, rock climbing, tubing, are just a few of the things to do in the summer on the mountain. Adults, teens, and little ones are all welcome as there are activities for everyone to enjoy.
Breckenridge Resorts offers a variety of mountain biking terrain from beginner to expert with the option for bike haul. Equipment rentals and lessons are also available and are a great idea for your first on mountain mountain biking experience!
Breckenridge Golf Club is about 3 miles from downtown Breckenridge and features a Jack Niklaus signature 27 hole course. The perfect challenge in this breathtaking environment! Golf at one of the highest courses in the Rocky Mountains on your next trip to Colorado.
Horseback riding in Breckenridge is a thrilling on mountain trail ride. You will ascend into the trees, and if you look around you will notice you are riding in the same area used for skiing in the winter. The forest opens up to amazing mountain vistas before you descend to return to the stable.
The Vail Pass Bike Tour is fun for the whole family. Your group will be driven to the top of Vail Pass so you can descend the paved recreation path while enjoying the view and down hill speed. A great way to enjoy the outdoors!
Breckenridge On Mountain Dining
- Pioneer Crossing - Located on Peak 7, atop the Independence Super Chair and Rocky Mountain Super Chair enjoy authentic western fare during the winter months. Open for breakfast and lunch 9:00 AM 3:00 PM
- Sevens - Nestled at the base of Peak 7, Sevens is the only full service restaurant on the mountain. Come in from a day of skiing and enjoy the laid back atmosphere and old world inspired cuisine. Open 8:30AM - 8:00PM
- The Coop: Seven's Express Window - Hop off the Breck Connect Gondola and grab your favorite chicken snack on the go!
- Ski Hill Grill - Watch the action at the base of Peak 8 from the patio with a Breckenridge Brewery draft and some BBQ. Inside enjoy the fast casual fare including burgers and sandwiches with house smoked meats.
- TBar - Located at the base of Peak 8 and the Rocky Mountain Super Chair, TBar serves a selection of microbrews and shareable apps. Open summer and winter.
- The Living Room - Serving casual fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Open summer and winter. Located at the base of Peak 8.
- Vista Haus - Located atop the Colorado Chair, the Vista Haus is open summer and winter. Indoor and outdoor seating is available.
- Ten Mile Station - Located atop the QuickSilver Super Chair, this restaurant serves ups hearty meals to keep you warm inspired by Colorado mining heritage. There is also outdoor seating available to enjoy those blue bird days.
- The Overlook -At 11,274 feet, The Overlook is the highest restaurant in Breckenridge and boasts amazing views of the resort. Fresh soups, ramen, and pot pies will warm you up before you head back to the ski slopes.
- The Maggie -Located at the base of Peak 9, The Maggie serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and apres ski with live music. Open year round.
- 9600 Kitchen - Fresh ingredients are the focus for the elevated comfort dishes served at the Base of Peak 9. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and apres ski.
Breckenridge Events & Festivals
The Best Time to Visit Breckenridge Resort
The best time to visit Breckenridge is NOW! Seriously, no matter what time of year it is its always a great time to visit Breck. Each season has its draw and thought summer and winter are the favorites for many, we think it's because they just haven't given spring and fall a chance.
Loved by locals and known regionally as the mud season spring is less crowded, prices are cheaper and the weather is moderate. Similarly, fall is slow and sleepy as well a great pre-winter season trip will not disappoint!