Keystone Gondola Rides
Experience the scenic views of Keystone’s mountain peaks by taking the River Run gondola up to the top of Keystone’s Dercum Mountain, or connecting over to North Peak by the Outpost Gondola for memorable views, skiing and dining. The gondolas run during both summer and winter, excluding a few months between the ski and mountain bike/festival seasons. Ticket purchase is required to ride the gondola, unless you have reservations at one of the restaurants at the top such as the Alpenglow Stube or Fondue der Chessel.
During the summer, Keystone offers free gondola rides on Fridays starting at 3pm until sunset for the Friday Afternoon Club. Guests can enjoy drink specials, food, live music, and yard games for adults and children alike. During all other days of the summer the rides are $17 for children 5-12 and $26 for ages 13+. Summer scenic rides run from late June until Labor Day Weekend. Limited scenic chair lift rides are available Saturday and Sundays only from September 7 - September 22nd on the Summit Express Chair Lift. Scenic lift and lunch tickets are also available. *Pricing and hours are subject to change for the 2020 season. Call 970-423-7118 with questions or to book over the phone.
Scenic gondola rides are available in the winter to access on mountain dining and the snow fort. Scenic lift and lunch tickets are available. You may also purchase tickets at the guest services center located next to the gondola in River Run Village. In the winter months, if you have a dinner reservation, the gondola ride is included.
Call Keystone Resorts at 970-423-7118 with questions or to book over the phone.
River Run Gondola & Dercum MountainFrom River Run Village at the base of Keystone Resort, the River Run Gondola carries 8 passengers in each cabin which takes riders from 9,280 feet to an elevation of 11,640 feet. When arriving at the top, you can explore Dercum Mountain which offers incredible views of Lake Dillon, the Continental Divide and the Tenmile Range, Adventure Point and the Summit Haus. Dercum Mountain hosts the Summit Haus restaurant where skiers and riders gather to enjoy food, drink specials and more. The trails off of this area are great beginner and intermediate runs, including Schoolmarm which is 3.5 miles long! The country’s largest Snow Fort is at the top of the River Run Gondola and is free to explore once you get up there. Once Closing Day at Keystone has come to an end, the gondola shuts down until mid-June. It is open through the summer for mountain biking and scenic rides then closes down from Labor Day through Opening Day in November for maintenance.
River Run Gondola Restaurants
- Summit House: A food court for gathering just to the right of the River Run Gondola. Guests can ski right up to the entrance and have plenty of choices for breakfast, lunch, and snacks such as pizza, burgers, sandwiches, noodle bowls and hot drinks. Once you have grabbed your food, warm up next to the fireplace inside or head to the outdoor seating area to enjoy some more sun and snow!
- Outpost Gondola: Once at the top of River Run Gondola, head across to the Outpost Gondola station. The Outpost Gondola has access to more great views, skiing, and restaurants on North Peak.
- Der Fondue Chessel - Take the Outpost gondola up to 11,000 feet to a scenic Bavarian beer hall for an experiential family or group dinner atop Keystone’s North Peak. Fill up on a 4-course meal that starts with a Swiss cheese fondue and features a seafood or meat selection to cook up on a tabletop Raclette grill. Don’t forget to save room for chocolate fondue dessert served with cake and berries.
- For reservations at Der Fondue Chessel, reserve through opentable.com or call (970) 496-4386. Once reservations are confirmed, gondola access to and from North Peak (via River Run & Outpost Gondolas) is complimentary.
- Alpenglow Stube - For a romantic night out, reserve a table at America’s highest AAA Four Diamond restaurant, Keystone’s Alpenglow Stube which sits at 11,400 feet in the Rocky Mountains. When you arrive, remove your boots and step into a pair of slippers to let the pampering begin. Watch as the chef cooks over the grill in the fireplace as you pick from a selection of over 600 types of wines. The Stube’s menu changes frequently but offers entrees such as pan-seared Shetland salmon, Colorado rack of lamb chops, and venison goulash.
- For reservations at Alpenglow Stube, reserve through opentable.com or call (970) 496-4386. Once reservations are confirmed, gondola access to and from North Peak (via River Run & Outpost Gondolas) is complimentary.
- Labontes Smokehouse (BBQ) - Daytime Cafeteria
Take a chair lift ride for expanisive views of the continental divide. While you are at mid mountain, enjoy lunch or a cold beverage at the Black Mountain Lodge. Have a seat outside on the deck and take in the sunshine and views. Be sure to take some time for exploring and hike along the North Fork Trail. Weekly yoga classes are also available at Black Mountain Lodge, reservations are reccomended. Call Araphoe Basin at 970-468-0718 with questions or to book over the phone. Additional info available here.
- Rides are available daily from 9:00 - 3:30.
- The schedule is tentative for operation July 6 - September 15.
- Lift and Lunch and Brunch and Lunch tickets are also available.