Breckenridge Skiing & Snowboarding
The heart of winter activities in Breckenridge is skiing and snowboarding at Breckenridge Ski Resort. The town of Breckenridge stands at 9,600’ and the resort is accessed by the BreckConnect Gondola that runs from the center of town up to the base of Peak 8.
The resort is a combination of 5 peaks (Peaks 6 through 10) that make up the southern half of the Tenmile Range, all featuring a variety of terrain for skiers and riders to enjoy. The highest chairlift at Breckenridge is the Imperial Express Superchair that begins at 11,901’ and ends at 12,840’ Atop Peak 8! Skiers can hike above the top terminal of the Imperial lift to just under 13,000’ and ski down as well as take in some breathtaking views.
About Breckenridge Mountain
- Peak 6 - Peak 6, to the north of Peak 7, is geared primarily to intermediate skiers and riders, but also includes a large amount of advanced terrain and chutes.
- Peak 7 - The lower part of Peak 7 is an area of rolling intermediate trails, groomed nightly. Peak 7's base area is composed of two large lodges, the Crystal Peak Lodge and the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, and is connected to town by one of two midway stations on the BreckConnect Gondola. The base area also has a restaurant, Sevens, opened in February 2009. Peak 7's terrain is serviced by the Independence SuperChair.
- Peak 8 - Peak 8 is the original base of Breckenridge. It's also known for its bowls which are accessible by hiking from the T-Bar or a traverse from the top of the Imperial Express SuperChair. Whale’s Tale, just off the Peak 8 summit, features high alpine terrain and amazing views everywhere you look.
- Peak 9 is a great starting place for beginners as the lower part of it features the resort's gentlest terrain and many green trails.
- Peak 10 is the southernmost peak on Breckenridge mountain, which is comprised of mostly black and double black trails (expert terrain) that is accessible from the Falcon SuperChair. The terrain varies from groomers underneath the chairs to glades on the north side of the Peak 10 ridge and chutes on the far south side.
Breckenridge Ski & Snowboard Rentals
- Carver’s Ski & Bike Rentals - 203 N Main St, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-0132
- Mountain Wave - 600 South Park Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-8305
- Christy Sports Ski & Snowboard Rental - 213 N Main St | (970) 453-1451
- Breeze - 645 South Park Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-8996
- Ski Butlers - 1806 Airport Rd Unit D, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 624-0020
- Avalanche Sports - 315 North Main, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | 970.453.4019
Breckenridge Ski & Ride School InformationToll Free: 888.LRN.2SKI (888.516.2154)
Email: [email protected]
Breckenridge Ski & Snowboard Shops
- Underground Snowboards - 320 S Main St, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-7400
- Rocky Mountain Underground (RMU) - 114 S Main St, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 771-2121