Reasons to Visit Frisco, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Peak 1 of the Tenmile Range, Frisco is a quintessential Colorado mountain town. The centrally located town provides easy access to Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain, Keystone Resort and Vail Mountain, but is removed from the crowds of the resort towns.
Frisco is home to one of the best Main Streets in the state, filled with a large variety of restaurants and boutique shops. Main Street Frisco hosts great festivals and events throughout the year, the most notable being the Colorado BBQ Challenge in June.
The town sits on the West side of Lake Dillon. Their fabulous marina offers paddleboard and kayak rentals and is home to the popular Island Grill lakeside restaurant and bar. Nearby, the Frisco Adventure Park is a great stop for fun activities like disc golf or biking in the summer and tubing in the winter.
Why Visit Frisco, CO
There are so many reasons to visit Frisco, CO during all months of the year. Here are just a few of the reasons we love Frisco so much. This town is not to be missed during your Summit Country vacation!
- Colorado BBQ Challenge (aka the Frisco BBQ) – June 13-15
- Frisco’s Fabulous 4th of July – July 4
- Main Street to the Rockies Art Festival – August
- Frisco Free Family Fun Fair – August
- Frisco Fall Fest – September
Main Street Restaurants & Shops
- Prosit – Bavarian Beer Bar with Sausages & Pretzels
- Tavern West – New American fare in a contemporary space
- Kemosabe Sushi – Cheerful location & inventive rolls
- Foote’s Rest Sweet Shoppe – Sweet treats
- Rivers Clothing Company – Outdoor clothing & apparel
- Frisco Emporium – Fun trinkets & unique finds
Music in Frisco, CO
- Free Concerts in the Park – Frisco Historic Park, Thursday evenings during summer
- Ten Mile Music Hall – the highest year-round music venue in the United States
- Frisco Adventure Park – Winter tubing, summer disc golf & biking
- Frisco Marina – Paddleboarding, kayaking, fishing & boating
- Mount Royal – Rock climbing & hiking options