Hiking Near Frisco, CO
Frisco sits at the base of the Tenmile Range and is home to some spectacular hiking in Summit County. Beautiful hikes are available for hikers of all ability levels. Bring the family, bring the pups or head out on a solo hiking adventure! These are a few of our favorite local Frisco hikes and trails.
Top Frisco Hiking Trails
Peak 1 – The first peak of the Tenmile Range is the tallest peak in Frisco. This advanced hike covers roughly 8-miles with a 4,100’ elevation gain. Needless to say, the views are incredible from the top! Multi-day backpackers can connect from the top of Peak 1 into Tenmile Peak.
- Mount Royal – This hike takes you to the top of the smaller Mount Royal and is the beginning of the Peak 1 trek. Don’t be fooled by the size, this trail is steep, but offers beautiful 360-degree views of Lake Dillon, the Gore Range and Tenmile Canyon at the top.
- Rainbow Lake – This is a great trail when you may not have an entire day to spend hiking. The 1.5-mile loop is great for children. Moose sightings are popular along this trail!
- Lily Pad Lake – The Frisco Lily Pad trail takes you on a longer, scenic hike to Lily Pad Lake. There is also a shorted trail to the lake in Silverthorne.
- Meadow Creek Trail – This 8.4-mile out and back trail is perfect for a full day hike. The moderate trail begins at the same trailhead as the Lily Pad Lake trail and winds through dense forests and fields of wildflowers with stunning mountain views.
- Old Dillon Reservoir Trail – This 1.7-mile loop trail is great for hikers of all ability levels. The trail tours around the original Dillon Reservoir and is great for bird watching.
Pick your favorite Frisco hikes, book your Frisco vacation rental and begin planning your Colorado mountain getaway today!