Copper Mountain Guided Adventure Tours
Ski with a Ranger
At Copper Mountain, discover more than meets the eye by taking a complimentary Ski with a Ranger Tour. You will learn more about the mountain from rangers who volunteer their time through the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District who offer guided tours that introduce guests to the history, geology and animal life of the forest. The Ski with a Ranger program is free of charge and takes place every Friday and Saturday during the winter season from 11:00 AM to Noon. You do not need to sign up, just find the guides in their green Forest Ranger jackets at the top of the Timberline Lift just before 11:00 AM.
Requirements: Intermediate ski ability, a lift ticket, and proper winter ski equipment.
Copper Mountain Snowmobile Tours & RentalsCopper Mountain Snowmobiling offers guided tours or snowmobile rentals to riders of all experience levels in Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Copper Mountain. They have complimentary transportation available from all areas including Frisco.
- High Adventure Tour - For guests wanting access to Colorado’s highest alpine bowls and backcountry powder. This tour starts at 11,300 feet on the Continental Divide and offers the most challenging guided snowmobile terrain that go over 12,500 feet above sea level. Can be booked for two or three hours.
- Two Hour Tours depart at 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM, $190.00
- Three Hour Tours depart at 9:00 AM, $250.00
- High-Performance Tour - Experience the highest guided snowmobiling tour in Colorado atop the summit of Fremont Pass. Climb up through the forest to above treeline at an elevation of over 12,500 feet where riders can explore a wide variety of terrain including mountain meadows, forests and backcountry bowls. These tours start with a walkthrough covering the operation and handling of the snowmobile, followed by a short ride to the practice area where riders can familiarize themselves before climbing through the forests towards the Continental Divide with views of Mt. Massive and Mt. Elbert, Colorado’s two highest peaks standing at over 14,400 feet. The wide-open nature of this ride provides the opportunity for large bank turns and opening up the throttle.
- Tours offered at 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM. | Drivers $140.00 each
- Prospector Tour - The Prospector Tour is the most popular among families and those wanting to ride two per snowmobile. The tour begins with a brief instruction session that outlines the functions of the snowmobile followed by some free time in an open field for riders to familiarize themselves. Once comfortable with handling, the tour proceeds on to climbing through high alpine meadows and forested trails that open up to views of Mt. Massive and Mt. Elbert, Colorado’s two highest peaks that stand at over 14,400 feet. This is the only local tour that also has children’s snowmobiles alongside its meadow play area.
- Tour is 2 hours in length and is offered at 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 3:00 PM. | Drivers $120.00; Passengers: $65.00; Children Ages 4-6: $30.00
- Transportation: Complimentary Transportation is available from the towns of Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Avon, Keystone, Silverthorne, Frisco and Dillon, Colorado. Pickup times in Frisco and Breckenridge are 45 minutes prior to snowmobile tour times.
White Mountain Snowmobile Tours, Inc. (Leadville)(970) 668-5323
6492 Highway 91
Leadville, Co 80461
6061 Tiger Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Tucker Mountain Snowcat SkiingFree Tucker Mountain Snowcat Access is the closest thing to a backcountry experience you’ll find in-bounds. Tucker Mountain can be accessed by hiking the West Ridge or Copper bowl, or by catching a ride with the Free Tucker Mountain Snowcat. The cat runs from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM, Friday through Sunday and picks up guests above the base of Mountain Chief chairlift. Expedited wait time for guests wearing avalanche beacons. Conditions and terrain openings may vary and are subject to changes.